Jesus gave us twelve “if not” conditions of God’s salvation.
1. “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him.” John 6:44,65
We must respond to God, who gave His only Son.
2. “Unless you see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.” John 4:48 (NKJV adds people)
We must recognize Jesus’ resurrection.
3. “Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
We must renew our minds and humble our hearts.
4. “Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone…He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.” John 12:24-25
We must realize this world is passing away.
5. “Unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:20
We must do the will of God. We cannot enter the kingdom of heaven by the teachings and traditions of men.
6. “Unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” Luke 13:3
We must repent of all unrighteousness.
7. “The Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner … as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.” John 5:19-20 NASB
As sons of God, we must imitate Christ. We begin with His baptism.
8. “Unless one is (born again) born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” John 3:3,5
We must receive Jesus’ baptism of water and Spirit.
9. “Unless I wash you, you have no part with Me.” John 13:8 NIV
We must allow Christ, the body of Christ, to wash our feet.
10.“Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:53-54
We must remember Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins.
11. “So My heavenly Father will also (deliver you to the torturers) unless each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” Matthew 18:34-35
We must forgive one another as Christ forgave us.
12. “As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me…If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.” John 15:4,6
We must abide in the Spirit and body of Christ (His Church).
Jesus gave the Jews one more condition using the Greek expression “ean gar me.”
“Unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.” John 8:24
Jesus Christ was their promised Redeemer, of whom God said, “I will save them by He WILL BE their ELOHIM” (Hosea 1:7).